SMB 'Cudas 7/22........ - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default SMB 'Cudas 7/22........

Left MDR at 6:30am to cool,marine-layer conditions that felt great after the last few sweltering days in the valley.......

I've been gone for a week up in the Sierras but saw the reports when I got back that the snotsticks were in the bay & was eager to pull on something bigger than a stocker trout.
After a talk w/Mikey & some poney 'dines at In-Siene we headed out to find the birds & the fleet....

They weren't far away....,about a mile out in front of LAX in 100-110ft of 66-67d water.....

1st I started throwing a megabait on my wax outfit hoping to have some fun on the 300ej/55#braid but I wasn't getting bit so I switched to bait and was instantly sawed off on 20# mono.Tied on a wire live bait leader & PRESTO...!!!

Juan was throwing Iron w/o results so I gave him a wire leader too..

They were chewing the bait pretty good but for every fish landed we lost 2-3.....

The bite died about 10am & I decided to head down to Hermosa/Manhattan to do a few 'butt drifts.....

No flatties to be had but the sandies were biting....

[img]http:]
Including this 4+ lb'r......

We caught & released 5-6 bass then headed back out to the fleet as the tide slackened.

The 2nd wave of 1/2 day'rs were there & luckily so were the 'cuda's.I swear me & Juan watched a small one jumpimg out of the water as a pelican tried to nab it & the freakin'cuda jumped up again & bit the bird in the face...!!! :P

I decided to break out my spinning outfit(4500 Baitrunner/12-30#UglyStick) and a Crocodile.....

What a blast...!!!
We caught & released/lost a dozen or so more until the bite died off about 2pm as I was listening to the Doggers beat the Mets in 12 & we headed in with 7 barries & a couple sand dabs for Juan to take home & a couple for my neighbor.

They're finishing the dredging project and are outside the So.entrance at Ballona creek.
[img]http://www.allcoast.com/photos/data/500/113622MDR072212CUDAS%200171336]
Burton Chase park was having a Concert/Carshow....

'Till next time.....,

rubble is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: SMB 'Cudas 7/22........

Nice day of fishing Robert and Juan, congrats!
Tunaslam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

That sure looked like a fun day,that barrie your holding looks like a slug,no measuring there,nice sandies too.WTG and thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic
tunavic1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi rubble,

Gotta go check your Serria report too. Nice goin' on the baries !! Looks like you came ready to rubble .....er .... rumble !!

Wire leaders ?? Seen some guys recently using them.

tsurikichi
tsurikichi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses guys....,it was FUN.

Ron,I didn't write a report on the sierra trip as it was not that great.
The best part was teaching my great-nephew how to catch trout out of a little-bitty stream w/salmon eggs....

However I'm working on a special report that'll tell about the 30yrs of trips I had with my brother(s) & friends before He passed on this year.
rubble is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Exellent report and pics Robert and Juan...WTG!!

This post edited by Red Drum 07/25/2012
Red Drum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.