Local Dorado 10 miles off the beach !!!! - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Local Dorado 10 mile off the beach !!!!

Regina an I got into some Great Local Dodaro 10 miles out of Dana Point Harbor. We ended up with 10 Mahi Mahi and 1 yellowtail by 8am. Weather was perfect and the water was greasy calm, deep Blue at 74.1 degrees. We found one Kelp and loaded up with what we needed. We were using 20 lb test with a 20 lb topshot of flouro. A Hot Sardine was the ticket to get bit and watch the Aerial Show begin. So much Fun ! NOW is the time to go Private boat fishing ....Tim

This post edited by scubasmith 08/20/2012
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0461.JPG (48.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DODO SWIM.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0447.JPG (48.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg REGINA DORADO.jpg (74.8 KB, 0 views)
scubasmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Local Dorado 10 mile off the beach !!!!

Those were great pictures,awesome local exotic stuff,it's always cool when we get a shot at those kind of species close to home,it always makes me feel good that some of our water is still clean enough to attract and hold them,I know the water temp helps also,thanks for the report and pics!

Cya Tuna Vic
Old 08-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi scubasmith,

Wow thanks for the excellent report and pics !! 10 miles off .... gonna be a nuthouse out there in no time flat !! Can't wait to see some 1/2-day cattleboats with 80 anglers hit the paddies !! OH ... the humanity !!

tsurikichi
tsurikichi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the report !! Looks like the rubber ducky will be out there soon !!
Tailman One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Let the games Begin ! Thanks Tailman and tsurikichi for your reply. I also want to thank both of you for all your fish reports you post. I read them all . Good luck out there. Its going to be a WILD N CRAZY Summer of fishing. YAHooooooooooo Tim
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

very nice job,thanks for the pics and report! enjoy dinner
rdsknsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow Tim, that is awesome! Great job!

Dorado is the fish Annette is after this year. Your post will send us out of Dana for sure.

Steve
Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Tunavic1, Yes its been awhile since we have had warm beautiful water that brings in the Exotics...We were also greeted by a hugh Blue Whale to start off our morning. Then free jumping Dorado all morning long... Regina will be making some of her famous Ceviche with the fish and BBQ with friends with most of it. Glad to hear that this fish report helps a few to get back on the water and enjoy this summer. Get ready for the Tuna to show up soon !!!!! Tim
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for sahring your eeport tim. Regina and you are a great team and I always enjoy reading your reports.

I showed my wife your report and pics and now she wants to catch a dodo and has hit me up about chartering a 6 pack for this. LOL!
Pelagic Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic Hunter
Thanks for sahring your eeport tim. Regina and you are a great team and I always enjoy reading your reports.

I showed my wife your report and pics and now she wants to catch a dodo and has hit me up about chartering a 6 pack for this. LOL!
pelagic Hunter, Your wife will be hooked on fishing when she gets her first Dorado for sure. Hope that happens soon ..Regina hooked and battled at least 10 Dorado on this trip, landing 6 of them. She did land the Big Dorado she is holding up in the last pic. A good 15-20 minute battle. These fish are tough and love to jump and go into the Kelp paddy..She did most of the fishing, while I did all the gaffing and putting the fish in the cooler. Yes team work is key to landing more fish. Thanks for your compliments Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.