Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

kid's albacore trip - 8/24/12

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  RonBeach 
#1 ·
kid's albacore trip - 8/23/12

kid's albacore trip - 8/24/12 i overslept. i've never overslept before but i overslept this time. it was 7:30 before we splashed the boat at monterey.
we were supposed to have 2 knots of wind and virtually no swell all morning, but that was not the case.
this will be yumiko's first fishing trip ever. boy, what a way to start! allison and my brother rounded out the crew.
we were headed out to marv's numbers from yesterday, 30/30, and dro them in 2 miles short when the water temps took a big jump. 5 minutes later we were rewarded with a double. we stayed in the general area all day and ended up with 6 fish.
poor yumiko got pretty seasick, but hung in there. it was definitely alot rougher than i would have anticipated.
we had the neighbors over for dinner after we got all cleaned up.
it was a rough trip for allison and yumiko, but dinner seem to make it all worthwhile! http://alanta>
This post edited by alantani 08/25/2012

See less See more
#3 ·
re: kid's albacore trip - 8/23/12

Nice report and pics Alan. How far offshore were you? Nice job taking your daughter and her friend. Yumiko may have experienced a touch of the mal de mer, but I'm sure she will also not forget the tuna that was caught!

Just a side note....I can appreciate the way everyone on board is wearing all the proper safety equipment.

The dinner table looks oh so nice!!

Carlos

#5 ·
re: kid's albacore trip - 8/23/12

That was one great looking dinner!Now thats the way to share and enjoy your passion,your family enjoying recreation together and sitting down to wonderful dinner together is a great example for many today,with so many distractions it seems to be something sadly waning in many families today,thanks for the report and great pics.

Cya Tuna Vic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.