Baja Camping/Fishing Expedition 6/14 - 6/19 w/pics - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Baja Camping/Fishing Expedition 6/14 - 6/19 w/pics

Went on a 6 day camping/fishing expedition with my long time fishing buddy Joe aka "Triggerman", halfway down the Baja peninsula on the Pacific side, at a small little fishing village called Santa Rosalillita. We fished Sunday 6/14 through Thursday 6/18. The fishing is a blast, but I'm not too fond of the 13 hour/550 mile drive from the San Fernando Valley down to Santa Rosalillita. Joe brought his 16ft Klamath "Sunrise" and he already had his travel trailer parked near the market in town.

Here is a short 1 minute video of us heading down to a creek bed on Baja 1 south of El Rosario.

A very green area along Baja 1, compared to most of the terrain you drive through.

Lots of cool rock piles that you see south of the Catavina area.

A local street side gas vendor in the town of Catavina.

The street sign I've been waiting to see all day long...yeah!

Looking down the hill towards our campsite.

The big Calico Bass and Red Crabs were everywhere.

Joe caught this big White Seabass on a slow trolled Salas 6x in the scrambled egg pattern.

I caught this Bass and Whitefish on a double loop with fresh skinned and chunked Sand Bass fillets. Those big Whitefish loved the fresh Sand Bass fillets.

Three different species of Croakers on the table getting ready to be filleted.

The next couple of days, when we caught our own mackerel, the big 40+ pound Yellows wanted to come out and play and munch on our slow trolled live baits.

Even the big Calicos were munchin' down the big mackerel.

A bled out 40+ pound cookie-cutter Yellowtail.

The first slow troll session with my Shimano Curado ended up with a spooled reel...way under gunned. OUCH!

Some tails off the Yellows next to the new SC Surf Fishing decal that Jason gave me to put on Joe's boat.

Did some surf fishing and the bite on Spotfin Croaker and Corbina was WFO!!

The mornings catch, all bled out, was a combination of Spotfins and Corbs. I like that new sweat shirt Jason gave to me, very cool logo on the back.

As usual, I had a blast fishing down in Baja...I can't wait to go again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,

Capt. Vince
Red Drum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Looks like you got 'er done okay.

Nice report, thanks.
mogandave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome picture storyline,really enjoyed that,thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.