New Service From BRAID Products! - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Service From BRAID Products!

For those of you who aren't aware of it, BRAID Products has done a very good revamp and update of their website. They now have an online store at.......

https://www.braidproducts.com/onlinestore/

AND they also have an outlet store that is primarily over stocked items that are available at a substantial savings from the regular price!

https://www.braidproducts.com/outletstore/

This will be of great interest to anyone who has had problems in the past trying to find something(s) they wanted at their local shop that were either sold out or never stocked.

FISH AND HUNT HARD!
Baja Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: New Service From BRAID Products!

It was brought to my attention last night by a good friend, that the links I provided were "FLASH XML" and could not be viewed by folks with the new Ipad, and after discussing it with my inhouse IT person, (Wifeo 1.0), I was also informed that the Iphone won;t be able to see this either because neither device will support FLASH. For those of you that are more computer savy than I am, which is probably most everybody, that sounds important!

Anyway, here is the link to the Braid website for those who were interested. Navigating their site should be easy enough from here.

http://www.braidproducts.com/

FISH AND HUNT HARD!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

"This will be of great interest to anyone who has had problems in the past trying to find something(s) they wanted at their local shop that were either sold out or never stocked." Don't know why anyone would ever have a problem getting something from Braid. Anytime a customer wanted something I didn't stock or was out of, I could order it and Dennis would always have it to me in a day or two.

This post edited by BillP 05/27/2010
BillP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

I never had a problem with it either Bill. I had the exact same great experience with Dennis' customer service that you had. Even on the rare occasion that they were out of stock on a popular item, I was told usually to the day when it would be in so that I had an answewr for my customer.

But no shop carries everything, and I have known of several that just plain didn't like making special orders for anything. I never understod reasoning like that!

FISH AND HUNT HARD!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dreamer

But no shop carries everything, and I have known of several that just plain didn't like making special orders for anything. I never understod reasoning like that!
This always amazed me too. Everybody's pretty much priced the same, the only thing you have to sell is service. If someone needed something in a hurry and I couldn't get it in time, I'd call other tackle stores to find it for them and send them there. I didn't fear the competition and it bought me tremendous customer loyalty.

It ain't rocket science!
BillP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
Quote:

This always amazed me too. Everybody's pretty much priced the same, the only thing you have to sell is service. If someone needed something in a hurry and I couldn't get it in time, I'd call other tackle stores to find it for them and send them there. I didn't fear the competition and it bought me tremendous customer loyalty.

It ain't rocket science!
I hear what you're both saying, but as a fishing tackle "consumer" I can't tell you the number of shops I've been in (not big box stores either) where they're reluctant to order something for one customer. Here in FL, some shops have gotten lazy to the generally high overall volume of sales (though the recession has cut into that) and the tackle reps from Penn/Shimano/... are a joke -- try and get them to answer the phone. I once talked to a senior Shimano official about their rep in West Central FL and he acknowledged, "yeah, we need to work on that". So they promoted him...

Back in 2004 I waited over two months for Accurate Frames to be ordered from my local tackle shop (who was an Accurate dealer). I know they were in stock because I called Accurate first and talked to Matt. Give me a break. So the ability to order directly from a manufacturer can be a blessing.

Tom
grifft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Being able to order directly from a manufacturer is a really good deal IMOl.....you can get exactly what you want and as many as you want....KUDO to Braid for making it easy....
fishybuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can't believe that dealers like this! With free shipping and no tax, dealers can compete only by lowering prices below list ... As a consumer it's a good deal, but I worry that local dealers will just stop carrying Braid products.
Akfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifft
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
Quote:
This always amazed me too. Everybody's pretty much priced the same, the only thing you have to sell is service. If someone needed something in a hurry and I couldn't get it in time, I'd call other tackle stores to find it for them and send them there. I didn't fear the competition and it bought me tremendous customer loyalty. It ain't rocket science!
I hear what you're both saying, but as a fishing tackle "consumer" I can't tell you the number of shops I've been in (not big box stores either) where they're reluctant to order something for one customer. Here in FL, some shops have gotten lazy to the generally high overall volume of sales (though the recession has cut into that) and the tackle reps from Penn/Shimano/... are a joke -- try and get them to answer the phone. I once talked to a senior Shimano official about their rep in West Central FL and he acknowledged, "yeah, we need to work on that". So they promoted him... Back in 2004 I waited over two months for Accurate Frames to be ordered from my local tackle shop (who was an Accurate dealer). I know they were in stock because I called Accurate first and talked to Matt. Give me a break. So the ability to order directly from a manufacturer can be a blessing. Tom
grifft, that is EEEEZAKLY what we're talking about here! Better service to the customer, and better availability of merchandise. And if you need to get ahold of the rep..........you just did! FISH AND HUNT HARD!

This post edited by Baja Dreamer 06/01/2010
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishybuzz
Being able to order directly from a manufacturer is a really good deal IMOl.....you can get exactly what you want and as many as you want....KUDO to Braid for making it easy....

Thanks fishy!

FISH AND HUNT HARD!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.