Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Lower Unit Skag Repair

653 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HondaDude 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a place in the San Gabriel Valley that welds Skags? I apparantly hit something, or had something lodged between my prop and skag on the sterndrive, and now have 2 2x2 inch pieces missing. Any advice?

Eddie

#2 ·
Try calling your local boat repair shop.They should point you in the right direction. Most shops will send the lower unit out to a shop that speciallizes in propeller and skag repair. I once broke off 75% of mine and they fixed it up for about 50 bucks.

Peter
"Trusty Rusty"
18' Bayrunner

#3 ·
Thanks Peter,
I'll try that route. I just dont want to take it somewhere, pay them, just to have them send it out....50 is not bad...

Wow, I just called Millers Landin in Montcliar where I usually have my work done, they quated 350-400 to pull the lower unit off and send it out....yikes. Well, there are a few other things I need checked out, so I guest it will have to do. Lots and clanking noise coming from the rear of engine near toward the gimbal bearing...

Eddie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.