Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Se fue a pescar

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tunavic1 
#1 ·
Se fue a pescar (gone fishing)
It has been two weeks since my last report and I would like to say it is because I was fishing but that wasn't the case. A trip to Gringolandia kept me off the computer. First stop was at Mammoth Mountain where we witnessed a dump of 5 feet of snow in two days. It kept us from skiing but we don't get much snow in Baja so it was fun to experience. Next, we set up our annual exhibit at the Fred Hall show in Long Beach. It is always a blast to see old friends and meet new ones.

It was reported that in our absence the East Cape experienced some beautiful weather. It was gorgeous upon our return and I immediately got both Jen Wren boats in the water.

Right out of the gate without even time for a shakedown we took Chris McMahon and his family on our first charter of this season. Dorado were cooperative but striped marlin not so much. Not that we didn't have opportunities but ended up zero for four on the billfish. Aside from the fishing action Humpback whales, bottlenose dolphins and a huge pod of common dolphin all put on a spectacular show.

We were supposed to fish again yesterday but the north wind has reared its ugly head and we are stuck on the beach watching the boats bob up and down.

Speaking of watching the boats, it has been a long time in the making but by my next report we should have our new weather-cam fully operational and viewable on our web site teamjenwren.com. We will be streaming live weather with the camera pointed at our boats. Viewers will not only see the Sea of Cortez in real time but will also be able to watch our boats depart in the morning and return in the afternoon.

Good to get wet!

Giddy up.

Dorado camped out here through the winter

First dorado

Diego is after em

Dorado for dinner tonight

Our new weather cam will stream live

Jen, I'm certain we parked the car around here somewhere?

Meeting new friends. Just part of the job at a trade show.

Connecting with old friends is where it is at!

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.