A trade the Angels should make - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A trade the Angels should make

How about this trade?

Adam Kennedy and Josh Paul to the Rockies for Vinnie Castilla and a lefty out of their bullpen.

Then move Figgins to second and have Castilla play third.

Castilla stays till MacPherson is ready (2006).

AFter Kennedy hit those three homers in the ALCS against Minnesota, he thinks he's a power hitter. Uppercutting everything. There goes his on-base percentage.

We are flush with catchers and infielders, except 3rd basemen. On the ML roster and in the minors. But no lefties out of the bullpen. And we have to keep Figgins in the lineup. He's better at second.

Glaus has played his last game at third for the Angels.
Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default RE: A trade the Angels should make?

> Adam Kennedy and Josh Paul to the Rockies for Vinnie Castilla and
> a lefty out of their bullpen.
I'd feel sorry for the Rockies making such a dumb move, but that would help the Angels. Don't understand Kennedy's swing as he's killing his %, and the team.

> Then move Figgins to second and have Castilla play third.
Right on, where Figgy should be. Been playing great at third,
gotta give him credit, and it's really been a big surprize
how adaptable he's been, and the clutch hitting.

> Castilla stays till MacPherson is ready (2006).
> Glaus has played his last game at third for the Angels.
Whoa there PJ... Say it ain't so!!! I believe Troy will be back
and better than ever, as he's really just coming into his prime,
capable of excellent defense and offensive production...
Outlawman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2004, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default RE: A trade the Angels should make

You know, Castillo is a product of playing in the Mile High altitude of Denver and his hitting goes way down when not playing there. Besides, I think they need more pitching. Their starters rank like 10th in the league and it looks like Colon has ate himself into a bad pitcher.

SteveO
SOATS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default RE: A trade the Angels should make?

I was listening the the pre-pregame show on the radio the other day and the Angel announcers (members of the organization, mind you) were stating that even if Glaus makes a fast recovery from his injuries, he would likely not return at third. He would be forced to DH.

And given Stoneman's style, he won't dish out the kind of money that Glaus will want as a free agent next year.

Besides, the kid MacPherson is only a season and a half (at most) away from being a starter. He will play at under 1 million for probably at least 3 seasons.

As much as Glaus has meant to this organization, I wouldn't sign him either. And I really like the guy. But it seems like a business no-brainer.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

There been talks about moving Glaus to 1st base!! I agree Kennedy needs to go and Figgens should take over the role at 2nd.
squidroe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

I saw that speculation, but what about Erstad? Believe he's signed through 2006 as is most of the outfield, so he can't go back there. Too valuable in the field to be a lefty DH. And then there's Kotchman who looked pretty good in the bigs this year.

Man, would it be nice to have Spiezio back to play third!

Truth be told, I'm not that high on Eckstein either. What happened to his discipline at the plate? He's swinging at worse pitches than Vlad.

Maybe just move Figgins to short, keep Kennedy, release the Eck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.