Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

Do people eat marlin and does it taste good?

165K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  Saluki 
#1 ·
I thought I might ask. All ones I have seen are hanging at a landing and I would guess somewhat ripe. Are they good to eat when handled right?

#32 ·
>I thought I might ask. All ones I have seen are hanging at a
>landing and I would guess somewhat ripe. Are they good to eat
>when handled right?

Yes, BBQ with Itialian dressing or lemon and butter...Great stuff smoked.

Of course it's like eating a Spotted Owl, it ruffles some feathers especially when you slow cook it over an old growth redwood fire. Oh yeah, if you do try the owl use lots of KC Masterpeice otherwise you might as well be eating crow or seagull. }(

#33 ·
I know what you mean. We sold the land by Douglas City. The people in that area have guided owl hunts. Have you ever fished Butte Creek. It is off the South Fork of the Van Dusen River. I used to fish it with my dad fourty year ago. Look out for the cows....Jiggy Joe aka Steve Small

#34 ·
I know where it is but the knees are gone now and my days of rock hoppin the creeks with a fly stick are over, darn it. :(

It's still a beautiful area down through there, still rains a bunch here too. Lol

We got over two inches of rain here in Mckinleyville today, so it looks like this year is going to be a wet one as we are at 33-34 inches already, just don't need any more heavy winds with this soft wet ground.

#36 ·
>I would imagine that marlin would probably be ok for eating.
>But fish that big are usually loaded with parasites. So once
>you cut him open you will probably be repulsed by all the
>round worms in his intestines.

I doubt that too many plan on eating the intestines anyhow!
Now, if you were to incorporate those intestines into one of Saluki's Man Massages, well, now that's another story!!! ;)

Steve (Socalslew)

#37 ·
>>I would imagine that marlin would probably be ok for
>eating.
>>But fish that big are usually loaded with parasites. So once
>>you cut him open you will probably be repulsed by all the
>>round worms in his intestines.
>
>I doubt that too many plan on eating the intestines anyhow!
>Now, if you were to incorporate those intestines into one of
>Saluki's Man Massages, well, now that's another story!!! ;)
>
>Steve (Socalslew)
>

Mmmmmmmmmmm... Marlin Tripe with round worms and lentel beans.
Steve, if you bring some of that to the dock party, I'll bring the tortilla's and rubber gloves ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.