Javier - Intrepid - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Javier - Intrepid

Haven't been following the boards as much as usual, but just noticed on the Intrepid site Javier resigned in Jan of this year. Anyone know what the story is? Are Paul and Kyle taking the lead? Going to miss Javier's sense of humor on the boat.
feeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Javier - Intrepid

Yes, Javier has retired. Paul, and Patrick have taken over. No loss in quality I've noticed.
wahoodad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Paul is definately a good cook so I didn't expect any problems there. Going to miss the trademark Javier "ooouuuuchhh" though
feeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've done two trips with Paul........the food and service has not missed a beat IMO.
fishybuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default re: Paul - Intrepid

And, a new Dad. Be sure to congratulate Paul on his new son. Quote from his FaceBook page

Welcome our new baby boy Luc Gaston Cloutier born 2/24/12 @9:32 pm. 8 lb 1oz, 20 in". Mom is doing well, and he is healthy
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Paul and Patrick Seamlessly took over a position few thought could be filled. Though we all will miss the great things Javi brought to the table on the Intrepid and other Long Range Boats the new chefs hit the deck running. I fished with them on our January trip and they were off the charts great. Always working, Always upbeat, always there to help you with whatever you needed, as polite as you could ask for and OHH YEEEAHH, those boys can flat out cook. Home made breads, salad dressings and baked goods, were only part of the culinary experiences. Once again the Intrepid has quickly and efficiently taken lemons and turned them into lemonade. I really like Lemonade. I plan on drinking lots of it on our Panama trip April 9th. I for one am going to miss Javie but I am really enjoying Paul and Patrick as are all the Intrepid fishermen I have spoken to since the change.... No this is not menopause just a change.

Jamie
fishordie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Paul and Patrick cooked for us on the Nov. 11 day.OUTSTANDING as is allways THE Intrepid Sportfishing Team.
SilentJim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

lets not forget kyle!!

his homemade breads and assistance in the kitchen are top notch

lets not forget that these new guys in the kitchen can fish. they gaffed fish and helped with the deckie duties too.

having that 1 or 2 extra helping hands on a wide open cow bite, is definitly a plus!
TUNATOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Paul and Patrick were in the galley on my January 14-day, I thought the food was great and I have only positive things to say about both of them. I think that they will both work out really well. Paul is a lot of fun and Patrick is a **** of a nice guy. Congratulations to Paul on the birth of his son!
HydroSci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey Paul we miss you from you know where. But congrats on the new job and the new son. Your friend Jenks
brn2fis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.