Excel report - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Excel report

Good Morning Vietnam!

Sounds like Robin Williams running around in my head this morning. Sometimes songs get stuck in my mind, sometimes movies scenes.

Great day on the Big X yesterday, still rolling down, still have some weather but it's on our rear, and giving us a push. Not quite as growly today.

Speaking of yesterday, it was a very fun, productive day. Personally, I got all my gear put together, tied up my wahoo bait rods, made a bunch of top shots, helped out a few others get their gear together, crew worked on some anglers's reels with tightening the spectra on, brimming out a few reels.

Lots of mingling and getting to know one another, played some cribbage with my room mate Tom.

For dinner, starting with a fantastic spinach salad(I had 4 bowls of it), a really tasty flank steak (loved the marinade Jason), asparagus, rice, and Rocky Road ice cream (doggone it, can't turn down Rocky Road)

After dinner, Justin thought about getting the PPV UFC bout, but there were some diehard Dodger fans (myself included) who wanted to watch the Dodgers/Astros game.

Whoooohooo, Ellis walk off homer!

A few of us are up and about today, breakfast can't be too far off.
wahoodad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Excel report

Did that hurricane kick up a ground swell? Good Luck!
Oakey520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

good call on the ball game! the fights pretty much sucked! can't wait to see the daily video report!
okie man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
REK

On the water reports? Yeah dude! Will be tuning in!
REK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

So, we'll be arriving in the lower zone sometime tomorrow, depending on currents and SOG. We had our last in galley seminar, and also a harness adjusting seminar outside to get totally ready for the battles ahead. Jason and Jacob served up some fine pulled pork sliders (the buns were home made), and it was a delicious lunch with cole slaw and watermelon. I had to have a couple more sliders, they really were out of this world. Some of us are making a few more topshots others are still installing reels and others are tying on the last few hooks and jigs as we get closer It's come up a few degrees in the last hour, weather is getting extremely nice. Let's hope the fish want to come out and play.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Evening wrap up

We'll be arriving in the lower zone tomorrow. We tried for squid after dinner, only 4 pieces were made, and it was kinda "market squid on steroids" sized, not hardly what we were hoping for.

Rolling again- but, since I mentioned dinner, I just have to give Jason Fleck and Jacob kudos in the galley today.

I've ridden a lot of long range boats, and enjoyed some excellent cuisine, but today's lunch, then dinner, were some of the finest meals I've ever experienced on a boat.

For lunch, pulled pork sliders on a sweet tasting small bun that Jason made from scratch, along with cole slaw and watermelon. In fact, the only thing he didn't make from scratch was the watermelon, and it wouldn't have surprised me if he grew the cabbage and watermelon. Extremely tasty.

For dinner, shrimp over a pasta, with a very rich pesto sauce, broccoli to perfection, a focacia of sun dried tomatoes and blue cheese, and a strawberry shortcake (again, from scratch) that I just could not say no to.

We look ready for starting tomorrow, just a matter of when we reach our destination. We got away early on Friday, and so we will be fishing at some point manana.

The crew busied their selves with making many kite leaders after we all adjusted our harnesses.

Off to bed, as excited as I am, I know I will be fishing hard once we start.

Send big fish wishes our way please
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Morning report

Choate 1
Wahoo 3
Sharks 1

At least I donated to the upcoming wahoo dinner:P
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default WHEW!

WOW!

After lunch something changed, biting sonsabitches!
I just got 4 wahoo in one stop, scary good fishin.

I'm going to film the rest of today!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default re: WHEW!

Wow, that's better than hearing about lunch.
MarkT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default re: WHEW!

Sorry, I was whipped last night, could not stay up and get a report out. We did end up seeing some tuna move up onto the bank, but the sharks were way more aggressive. Not that they were eating the few tuna we did hook, but that they got most the baits. Throw in a few wahoo snip offs, and a few lucky straight fluoro skinnies on the tuna gear, and you can see it was a bit trying.
We did get a few tuna, Tony Garza of Soft Steel Ultra got a couple and was the hot stick. Jason got boiled on his Yummee flyer, and it was a big fish but it didn't stick.

This morning, we had big fish around us, and hooked one. Dave Takata hooked what seemed like a heavy, but alas he lost it due to a chew through.

Still trying, more to come as it happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.