Lead Shot - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
HD
Banned

Default Lead Shot

I am looking for shot (preferably recycled) to use on my new Lead Sled but at $32-$45. per 25lb bag, seems expensive. Question, will sand or BBs work or do I need the 8 shot for the bags? Know of a good source in OC? I ordered the empty shot bags from Cabelas...now I need to put something in em. I know, I know...stupid newbie question.

This post edited by HD 02/28/2009
HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Lead Shot

If you're able to get lead at $32 a 25 pound bag, go ahead and grab it, that's not a bad price.

Lead shot is just lead shot as far as I know. There is hard lead shot, copper plated lead shot, etc., but I've never heard of "recycled" shot. Once it is made into shot, it no longer matters where it came from.

FISH HARD!
Baja Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default re: Lead Shot

If you want 200 lbs. of weight on that lead sled you want lead shot, but if you don't need it that heavy you can use lighter material. Here is a thread of a Ca. gun site of a guy selling recycled/reclaimed lead shot for what sounds like a decent price. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ed+shot&page=3 Here's a direct link to the outfit selling the reclaimed shot. http://www.bargainammunition.com/page7.php

This post edited by Sheldon 02/05/2010
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.