Anti Hunters Angry With CA. F&G Commission President!!! - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anti Hunters Angry With CA. F&G Commission President!!!

I have tried to keep politics off of this board, but this is just so over the top that it needs discussed!

Commentary: Cougar kill in Idaho has California commissioner unfairly on hot seat

Dan Richards, president of the California Fish and Game Commission, is a hunter. He went out of state and took part in a mountain lion hunt which is perfectly legal where he was. The hunt resulted in a kill for him. Now the tree huggers are after him, calling for him to step down, telling him that he should leave the state, and there are even reports o death threats being made to him!
Baja Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: Anti Hunters Angry With CA. F&G Commission President!!!

"Anti Hunters Angry With CA. F&G Commission President!!!"

Wow, that's good news!
mogandave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is such a non story and really the perfect example of how the "other side" of our on going struggle to keep our rights to use the natural resources of California is so out of touch and unreasonable that its almost impossible to have a conversation.

Can you imagine anyone sitting on the California Fish and Game Commission actually being an angler or hunter!?! And to top it off going to another state for a legal hunt and then having the audacity to take a picture of a successful kill!?!

When I first saw the picture I thought from a pr standpoint that it was going to cause a stir. From my standpoint it was exactly the picture I wanted to see of the commissions new president. Not to stir the pot but to show that we've got people who enjoy hunting and fishing regulating hunting and fishing. Isn't that the point of the commission? Who cares more about keeping our stocks healthy and accessible to Californians than hunters and fisherman?

I hope this story goes away and the people making threats are revealed for the foolish zealots they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dreamer
I have tried to keep politics off of this board, but this is just so over the top that it needs discussed!

Commentary: Cougar kill in Idaho has California commissioner unfairly on hot seat

Dan Richards, president of the California Fish and Game Commission, is a hunter. He went out of state and took part in a mountain lion hunt which is perfectly legal where he was. The hunt resulted in a kill for him. Now the tree huggers are after him, calling for him to step down, telling him that he should leave the state, and there are even reports o death threats being made to him!
Hithard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hithard
I hope this story goes away and the people making threats are revealed for the foolish zealots they are.
I agree with you, but that is just it. These people have "been revealed for the foolish zealots they are" time after time, and they are still at it. They were revealed for what they are when Prop 117 was passed, when the "lead free condor zone" was established, and all during the MLPA process. It hasn't stopped them or even slowed them down.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thats the real irony is that not only is it not slowing them down, they truly believe this is real "ammunition."

For me the sad part is that this state is rich with hunting and fishing opportunities but it will be turned into a petting zoo before long. I'm all for conservation, anyone who knows me knows this but in all things there is healthy balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hithard
I agree with you, but that is just it. These people have "been revealed for the foolish zealots they are" time after time, and they are still at it. They were revealed for what they are when Prop 117 was passed, when the "lead free condor zone" was established, and all during the MLPA process. It hasn't stopped them or even slowed them down.
Hithard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

seems to me dan richards decided to commit political suicide...you really have to question the sanity of a man in his position participating in this hunt. what really is the point of traveling to idaho to hunt an animal that isn't even legal to possess in california? even stevie wonder could see the political $hitstorm this would create.
legalities aside, it was a pretty dumb and irresponsible thing to do for a man in his position.

unless he was tired of the job
TAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
blb

There is nothing irresponsible about what he did. It "IS" irresponsible for any ANGLER or HUNTER not to get behind him. I know a lot of people that live in California, but have another home in another state and keep some of there mounts there. It's not against the law and more power to them. Don't whine,, go here and back him up!!! http://keepamericafishing.salsalabs....ction_KEY=4066

This post edited by Baja Dreamer 02/29/2012
blb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURUS
what really is the point of traveling to idaho to hunt an animal that isn't even legal to possess in california?
How about because it is perfectly legal to do there what the tree huggers have stolen from us here, and with NO science at all to back it up, much like the MLPAs!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Brad_G

Whoa...it looks Taurus didn't comment about the defendability of Richard's hunt (either legally or ethicly), but rather about the political fallout..and by the very fact that this is being discussed his comment is accurate.

This comment: "Why bend over for for all those San Fran fudge packers. I don't get it." is just about as offensive, inaccurate and out of line as PETA types characterizing all hunters as knuckle dragging Neandrathals.
Brad_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
blb

Wow, Tip Toeing around around these subjects is exactly why we are loosing so many rights here in California. If you look behind who is behind trying to get rid of Dan you would understand the Packer comment.

Trying to be nice is just going to make things worse. Now I really don't get it.
blb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.