Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

CONDOR a 250+ fish trainwreck again on 10/18=WILD

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RonBeach 
#1 ·
CONDOR a 250+ fish trainwreck again on 10/19=WILD

Left 10/17 fishing 10/18... We rolled with Capt Scott, 2nd Mike, Mike, Tad and ROB WHO IS RETIRING AS A DECKHAND AFTER 7 SEASONS (GOOD LUCK BUDDY)and Christoph in the gally, with the best bait of the year at 9pm. The so called MILD weather forcast was BS, we got the hell beat out of us all night and all morning in 25kt winds and hugh hurricane leftover confused seas. THEN it stopped and we fished on glass with hardly a breeze all PM=go figure. In the near gale, I managed to get to the stern at 6am and dump a purple maurader off the stb. corner to a soon KAWHEEE and a decent Yellowfin for my efforts...ON the board! HA! Later in the AM, as he always does, Scott found THE ONE...the paddy from hell for 170 KEPT fish, and many more rat YT released. We fished hard all day (except for 10 or more who were too sick to fish)and filled their bags with fish TOO! Some of us managed to wrangle 32 nice Yellowfin tuna,Norm poaced 3 on 50lb...LOL, and suprising 16 NICE sized Dorado, 1 won the JP! We kept 180 Yellows, not all rats this trip, and found more and more paddys FULL of them, and a jigstrike with a gazillion under the boat. Cory asked WHY are sportboats keeping little yellows...HA... because if they're bleeding from the gills, they're already dead, and most stops the yellowfin and dorado are below them. Scott and other skippers say there is now a 120 SQUARE MILE body of juvinile Yellowtail, MILLIONS They estimate. No shortage and they all eat the same. I'd say we keep 1 in 5. After a hot shower and MR'C's Curry Chicken and Veggie dinner time to hit the rack. The fish are scattered, but considering 1 boat turned around home, another only had 12 fish, we KICKED ASS on Condor. What a fun time. THANKS TO SCOTT AND CREW...AND GOOD LUCK TO ROB WITH HIS FAMILY MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA....ALL THE BEST BUD!! (here's a few pic...the cam stayed below until the weather died)

This post edited by RonBeach 10/19/2012

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
re: CONDOR a 250+ fish trainwreck again on 10/19=WILD

Hi Ron Beach,

You seem like you can't have a bad trip recently !! Sweeeeeeet !! Serously ..... if I were a Tuna guy ... which I ain't and never will be .... I'd buddy up to ya and find out what trips you were going on next and jump on 'em !! Sure called the last bunch of trips right !!

Thanks for all the great info and congrats on the JP !! Do they ever just give one a pass for a trip on those day, day and a half, or two day trips ?!

tsurikichi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.