Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

CONDOR 2.5d Oct.12-13th Big Bluefin tuna, limits YT, YF, Dorado Trainwreck

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RonBeach 
#1 ·
WOW what a trip, we rolled with Capt Scott, 2nd Mike Rob,Mike2,Billy on deck and Christophe in the galley. After loading 2 tanks and the slammer with big dines. our meeting was simple, We're GOIN YARD for big bluefin, then outside on the temp break for YF,YT and dorado. Sliding in at 120+ miles at daybreak, no BF anywhere be hit 2-3 paddys and it was GAME ON for yellowfin tuna, dorado and 2 day limits of yellowtail by 2pm, 100's tossed back to see another year! Norm found a 43lbs BF of day 1 JP. After a lond day catching over 300 fish the 1st day, time to shower and feast on a mega Pork Loin Roast dinner by the french chef. Then rest up for tomorrow. Day 2, we get on deck by 6am and HEY there's BIG BLUEFIN on the meter RIGHT UNDER THE BOAT...SOAK SOME BAITS NOW!! GAME ON! For the next 6 hour drift it was the GOOD, the BAD or the UGLY depending on the right rig,or not, and changing bait OFTEN and getting bit. Some us fished 50 and put the wood to 17 fat bluefin 40-70lbs. Some fishing 40, even 30 (insane)and long rods,got their rears handed to em for 1-3 hours by some butt kicking brutes. Forrest got the big one almost 70lbs. During the melee, Tom got a fat 45lb Yellowfin too! Nice! After a grilled Yellowtail on bun lunch (Awesome) we moved out to beautiful blue-purple water and wacked even more dorado and yellowfin, caught and released a gazillion yellowtail too. Setting the sun, shower and fablus Tri-Tip/pasta Christophe dinner...we all traded bluefin war stories,lies, smack and a tired 28 hit the rack for a long need rest ride home. THANKS TO SCOTT AND THE WHOLE CREW WE HAD A ROCKIN GOOD TIMEI'LL POST SOME OF THE 40 PICS I HAVE AS IT'S LIMITED HERE. RON

This post edited by RonBeach 10/14/2013

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
RonBeach said:
OK I can feel my arms and shoulders again...ONE MORE TIME?
ONLY 6 BOOKED FOR MONDAY NIGHT 21ST...ONLY NEED 10-12 TO GO
WHO WANTS TO GET ROCKED ON SOME NICE BLUEFIN, YELLOWTAIL ON CONDOR?
Man I'd love to jump on that trip. Can you ask those fish to hang around for a couple more weeks? Too crazy at work to make it happen until after Halloween.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.