Collecting Names of 'Kid Friendly' Public Sportfishing Boats - Page 5 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

Default RE: Collecting Names of 'Kid Friendly' Public Sportfishing Boats

Hi there CharlieM,

Will do. I rode the Blue Horizon a few times when it was up here in Long Beach/Pierpoint! I still have a pass earned some 5 years ago (now expired) from the boat! Nice ride and they have bunks too!

I rode the Liberty today and I can say that between the skipper Anthony and myself we gave the one and only little girl on the boat lots of fish to crank on! As stated in other posts. Liberty may be a good bet to take care of kids right!

thanks again,

tsurikichi
tsurikichi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #42 (permalink)

It's nice to see the list for kid-friendly boats/crews. But I just gotta say as I was growing up in the 80s as a young teen, I have NEVER experienced any helpful crew members or skippers. Though, it could've been my physical characteristics. All of these experiences of mine were out of 22nd-Grande, Ports O'Call-Freedom, Queens Wharf-Toronado, Redondo-Cutty Shark Redondo Special City of Redondo Blackjack, Malibu-Lenbrooke on 1/2 day trips and Catalina overnighters with my dad. Now, at 36, I still don't feel like going on open party trips...too many jerks who need a reality check. Now, I just stick to charters.
velozo155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #43 (permalink)

Hi there velozo155,

In the 80's ??!! LMAO You think it was bad then?! HOW ABOUT ! In the 50's and 60's it was every kid for themselves as far as MANY of the crews and passengers were concerned on the moo moo's in my experience! 'Kids are to be seen and not heard' sort of thing!

NOT everyone...... in general, just a little more old-school, school of hard knocks, survival of the fittest! Ha ha ha .... the stories......

Back to now. I can understand your feelings as I too despise the 'Alpha-dog' mentality of some guys that fish on the open-party boats. However, in retrospect ...... consider this ...

Times have changed and many operations/operators see the need to treat the dwindling numbers of anglers, including kids a little better than they might have in past decades. It's the battle of the independence a skipper has with commercial fishing vs. Being forced, thru economic$ or otherwise, to have to cater to angler$ want$ and demand$.

Interestingly .... if one rides the moo moo's enough, you begin to sort out the boats that have the kinder and gentler regulars who (have been attracted to the boat by the crews positive treatment)often set a more friendly tone to the fishing experience on deck.

One way in which to protect yourself from 'problems'is to have a number of like-thinking buddies hook up and go out regularly. 'Clique' ..... maybe ... but the pushy hot-shots, bullies, and trash talkers don't like numbers much.

Lastly, I truly believe (and in my experience in the last coupla years) that the younger generation of skippers have a different view of young people than I certianly had at their age. I think this is a positive thing.

Could be wrong but ...

Would be great to hear reports on your charters.

tsurikichi
Old 11-27-2005, 07:58 AM   #44 (permalink)

Should be known that Long Beach Sportfishing is in long beach and not san pedro.
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #45 (permalink)

FULL INFO :Long Beach Sportfishing
555 Pico Ave; Long Beach, CA 90802
562-432-8993 | Fish Count: 562-437-5486
Old 11-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #46 (permalink)

Hi there Perspective,

Address-wise..... quite so and correct. My perspective is simply the gate they go out of and general section of the harbor (in the shadow of the St Vincent Bridge) they share with 22nd St and LA Harbor.

tsurikichi
Old 11-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

The 22nd street landing is in the Cabrillo Basin area and LA / Ports O'call is in San Pedro. Both are outside of the Gerald Desmond Bridge. Long Beach Sportfishing is in the inner harbor between East Basin and the Cerritos Channel behind the Gerald Desmond Bridge at the opposite end of Terminal Island at the far eastern side of the long beach side of the harbor and exits through the long beach channel.Access from the long beach 710 freeway.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #48 (permalink)

Aloha from Kona, I'm the only captain in Kona Hawaii that offers a "kids fishing" package. I don't want to blatently advertise but I do have a page on my web site explaining it.

http://fishinkona.com/reef.htm

Capt. Jeff
Capt_Jeff_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Kai

Here's the List added to fire.

Seabiscuit (full Day/OVernight)OXnard, CA. CI SPOrtfishing.

Cobra Sportfishing (3/4 day charter boat), currently at Oxnard CI sportfishing.

Coroloma (3/4 Day Open Party) OXnard, CA. Captain Hooks Sportfishing.

Lenbrooke (Extended 1/2 day, 3/4) Oxnard, CA.. Captain Hooks

Mirage with Joe V. (Overnight) Port Hueneme Sportfishing.

Pacific Eagle (Full Day) Port Hueneme Sportfishing.

Seabiscuit (full Day/OVernight)OXnard, CA. CI SPOrtfishing.

Sea Jay With John Fuqua (Full DaY) Port Hueneme Sportfishing.

Mirage with Joe V. (Overnight) Port Hueneme Sportfishing.

Best time to take a Kid fishing, is on a WEEK DAY! IT's what I used to do.

It is right decision to treat kids good in the sportfishing industry. I was a X Fishing CLUB PResident in HS. }(

I turned out to be a lazy college student.

In all seriousness, treating kids nicely is much needed in a already declining industries. They are the future of the sport, and I believe the survival of the GREAT ART OF SPORTFISHING truely relies on how youngsters are treated.
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #50 (permalink)

San Diego 3/4 day out of Seaforth. Crew is great with the kids. Galley is large & comfortable, sundeck topside for watching & snoozing.

Not affilated, etc.

Fishslayer
Fishslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.